New to the conversation? Check out my greatest hits!

12/16/12

Three Years!

Glad you're still here. My goal is for you to find some ideas that save your band either money or sanity, so I hope you've found a few useful tidbits.

2012's big posts were about challenging assumptions about the industry.

Dare You Bite The Forbidden Fruit of Promotion?
This year we saw the rise of "Sockpuppets" (paid or fake comments / reviews) as a means of promotion. Don't give in to the temptation.

Is It Time To Trash "Support Local Music"?
I forgot how much fun it was to write the first half of the post as a free form poem. I might experiment with this form in the future.

Maybe You Shouldn't Tour
Real talk about the business and logistics of touring

Will "The Hunger" Consume You?
Sometimes the need for success / money gets to be too much and the artist collapses. Sad. To prevent this, I wrote the follow up posts When Should You Quit Your Job? (Part 1) (Part 2).

Electronic and Hip Hop Better Suited to The New Music Industry
This was a stark realization. The era of the "rock band" being the most profitible model seems to be fading in favor of newer art

If you like this blog, send a link to a musician friend who could use some advice, that's the best compliment you can give me. It's all about helping my fellow musicians.

Thanks for the support everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment